Dorian Ulrey

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Chlorine....my new scent.


As you are all aware, my hip has not been very cooperative over the past few months, and for a runner there is only one place to go when you can't pound the pavement....the pool. I have been in the pool twice a day using the kick board. I'm sure this sounds like a child's device, used to get kids comfortable in the water. I am also sure that if you are anything like me, you laughed at the thought of using the kick board for a workout. Trust me when I say that it is an evil device, used to torture ailing runners, making them wish they were any but the pool. Hopefully this will not last much longer, as I am heading to the greater L.A. area next week to pick the brain of one of the worlds foremost authorities on athletic injuries. Dr. Vincent is a A.R.T./chiropractor, located in Santa Monica, CA, and is considered by many a "genius" in the the profession. I will be in Santa Monica from Monday night through Friday, going through various tests and drills to narrow down the causes of my hip issue. Hopefully I will be able to once again begin jogging within the next few days. I am optimistic that this will be an extremely fruitful trip. This will mainly be a business trip to solve my mechanical problems, which I'm sure will be painful, but I will also be enjoying all that L.A. has to offer, beautiful weather, beautiful beaches, and a little mini vacation from the relentless snow here on the mountain. Why just this morning I was heading to purchase batteries for my camera after my pool workout, so that I could share some of the sights and sounds of Santa Monica with you all, when I noticed that my camera had been stolen at the gym! I suppose I have done something to deserve this, karma doesn't just kick people in the groin like that for nothing. Hopefully I don't run into any celebrities while being cameraless! I'll update the blog during or shortly after my trip. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment