Dorian Ulrey

Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday morning blues


The Monday morning blues now take on new meaning for me in my post collegiate days, instead of the thought of going to class I am struggling to find the motivation to get out the door for my run. Now that I take every Sunday off from running I find it is getting harder with each new week to bounce break from my lazy Sunday ritual, which mainly consists of grazing through the cabinets for spare scraps of food while watching the bears lose. If you had asked me a couple of weeks ago what my favorite part of the day had been I would have said without a pause, "my run of course!" Now that may still be the case once I break the cycle of laziness and actually start my first run of the week but until that happens I am content to sit here and tell you all just how lazy you can actually be and still be considered a professional athlete (not sure what just happened to my font but I don't know how to fix it, so deal with it!)

In other news this is actually quite an exciting time, as the miles continue to build up and up (shooting for 50 this week) and the weather cools off I find myself in the midst of signing my official contract with nike, (I know what you are thinking, and yes, it does take that long to sign the official contract)
receiving my first pay day, picking up my diploma in a couple of hours, my Fall shipment of shoes should be coming any day now, and preparing for Mammoth, which is now just over a month away. Exciting times for someone who makes a living sitting on their butt. Today also marks my first massage since my return to running over 5 weeks ago, this sounds like a lot of fun, but trust me, it's not. running massages are different from the massages portrayed in movies. There are no ocean sounds, no dim lights, and I certainly will not be so relaxed that i fall off into a deep peaceful sleep. It will go something like this, Robin (my massage therapist) will inevitably find every tight/sore/aching muscle in my body and beat them into submission. Along the way there will be lots of leg hair being pulled out, and me breaking into terror sweats on the table. I usually leave these "massages" feeling a little emasculated, very tired, and despite all the pain inflicted during the massage, phenomenal! Well folks, its time to pour a hot bath and get my muscles warming up for the run! Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment