Dorian Ulrey

Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to school!


Well I guess it's that time of year again, when the summer ends and school begins, there is just one barely noticeable difference this year, I'm done with school! I made it a point today of all days to sleep in extra late as nearly everyone else I know was waking up and going to class. There was one thing on the agenda for me today, my third run back, and it was a dandy. Ok not really, but it went pretty well. I am still only running 20 minutes but the time is passing a little easier, my breathing a little lighter, and my legs a little fresher. The real highlight of the day was running for the third straight day pain free. This is not a feeling that I have grown completely accustomed to yet as the last two years of my athletic career have been plagued by injury. It looks like the month off was just what the doctor ordered! I will continue to run a meager 20 minutes a day for the first week, and depending on how I feel increase my runs by 10 minutes each week. I will continue to keep you posted on the day to day improvements, and explain the lifestyle of a professional athlete along the way. SPOILER ALERT: My next post will also include my plans for fall training, and they don't include Fayetteville...

No comments:

Post a Comment