Dorian Ulrey

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pain free running, nothing beats it!


Today is a great day for many reasons, I will be seeing Rachel for the first time in nearly 7 weeks, it's Saturday, and last but not least today was my first run back after taking a month off to nurse a strained hip flexor. The old saying "nothing comes easy" certainly holds true 99.9% of the time, but today, well today I fell into that grey area that a runner rarely ever experiences. The run was pain free, effortless, smooth but most important of all, did I mention pain free!!! For the first time in nearly 2 months I have done something so completely pain free that I still cannot believe it as I sit here and tell you all about it. I was afraid to look at my watch for fear that my pace would be comparable to a snails pace, but once again I was in shock as my garmin watch had my pace right at a 6 minute mile. Not only was this the most pain free run I have ever had coming back from a break, but it was also the fastest! Now I feel that I should confess that this run was only 3 miles, but, you have to start somewhere and this was the perfect start to a long year that will hopefully conclude in London! Enough of this blogging about a 20 minute run! I have some cleaning to do before Rachel gets back! I'll keep you posted on the slow build back into training every couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment