Dorian Ulrey

Monday, September 12, 2011

Holding steady.


Having the day off on Sunday definitely recharged the batteries and rested the aching legs. I'm not running that much but it still takes a toll to run 40 miles in a week, even when you are used to running two times that. The run today was a really great run, the weather is beautiful, the cross course was peaceful, and the run felt really smooth, and I'm still not entirely used to running pain free so that is still really exciting. I have a great loop, well actually two loops and a final mile loop at the cross course that covers right around 6.6 miles. This distance is perfect for right now and running on the grass feels great compared to the bike bath. I am holding steady right around 40-45 miles per week for the next couple of weeks and focusing more on my breathing and body. I have no races in the near future so I can really focus on building up slowly, this will not only keep me healthy but also fresh for future races. My new motto "less is more," obviously not an original idea but a great one nonetheless, is the basis for my fall training. Rather than really hammering away on a daily basis I am going to try to reign in the daily runs and instead focus on key runs that maybe only come once every couple weeks. I do have to keep some secrets now that my running is my business so I can't spill all the beans but overall daily training will take a backseat to very select workouts and races in the future. I am trying to think of something to say at the end of each entry and this is my first idea, let me know what you think. "A run a day keeps the aging away."

1 comment:

  1. Great blog!

    Heres the link for our 5K - www.fayetteville5k.com

    Hope you can make it!

    Christian

    ReplyDelete