Dorian Ulrey

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Labor Day weekend!


The week is beginning to wind down into what appears to be a great weekend! Not that I am a huge football fan but The Razorbacks will be kicking off their 2011 season, both the mens and women's cross country teams will be starting their long seasons on Friday night, and it's a long weekend! As most of you know, last night the men's track and field team was at the Chancellors house yesterday for some good eats and an award ceremony. It was my fifth trip to the chancellors house in the last three years, and sadly enough my last. For a brief moment last night I had almost completely forgotten that I was no longer a teammate, no longer in college, and no longer a piece of the puzzle that I had been trying to perfect for the last five years. Today seems a bit lonelier than most after coming to the realization that my time here in Arkansas, like this week, is winding down. I will see less and less of the people who have made my life into what it is today, as I become more and more aware of the path I have chosen for my life, and the solidarity that this path demands at times. Ok, enough is enough, and I have an appointment with the chiropractor! Enjoy the weekend, and go hogs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment