Dorian Ulrey

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week Two Overview


This week was the start of my third week back to training, and so far it had been a smooth transition back into running. As always there are aches and pains, such is life for a runner, but for the most part training is progressing ahead of schedule. Last week consisted of mainly four and five mile runs around 6:30 pace at the trails, but yesterday Rachel and I ventured out the the bike bath at lake Fayetteville, where I ran as Rachel biked by my side, to my surprise the trail was actually quite beautiful. I had run there before but it had been a serious run, yesterday was more like a scenic run, taking in the sites and sounds of the trail. Granted it was a hard bike trail, the path winds around the lake through some beautiful pine forests and a disc golf course. It was Labor Day yesterday so the trail was packed with bikers, joggers, walkers and everything else imaginable. And the cherry on top, the weather was perfect, sunny and 70's with a light breeze, it doesn't get better than that in Arkansas. I got so caught up in the scenery and beautiful weather that I had run almost seven miles at nearly six minute pace without hardly noticing. Having rachel there next to me on the bike certainly helped big time. I logged 30 miles last week, and so far this week I am on pace to hit right around 40 miles. One thing that I am very excited about is my most recent purchase! I bought the first season of Mad Men on dvd and am very much looking forward to what will surely become one of my favorite shows. Now, on that note, kind of, I went to go see Apollo 18 with Rachel and another couple a few nights ago, SPOILER ALERT: It stunk. Save your money, or go see Harry Potter again, either way it is a win win for you. Well I made a list of things to do today and now I am off to clean my car! Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment